NOLY PANALIGAN was 16 when he met Francisco V. Coching who immediately became Noly’s hero. Noly believed that Coching was the Philippines’ best and greatest komiks illustrator. Recognizing Noly’s talent, Coching took the young artist under his wing and he became his student. Coching was responsible for giving Noly his break by recommending him to be one of the artists on Philippines’ very first serialized comic book, Halakhak Komiks.
Noly eventually moved to advertising, accepting Mauro Malang Santos’ invitation to be a part-time editor and artist for Chronicle Publications. He worked next for Admakers where he won an Art Director’s Club award for Ad Illustration. Then, he ventured into animation, doing title and scenic illustration for two documentaries with Lamberto Avellana, produced by Dean Alejandro Roces. Both films were entered in two Bilbao Film Festivals in Spain, winning awards each time.
He never fully left comics, having worked through Tony de Zuniga and Nestor Redondo to illustrate Jonah Hex, Ghosts, The Unexpected and House of Mystery for DC Comics and Vampirella, Sherlock Holmes, etc. for Warren Publications.
Noly Panaligan passed away on June 23, 2004 due to heart failure.
- Bodyguard, Maharlika Komiks (1964)
- Darmo Adarna, Pilipino Funny Komiks (1985)
- Eden, Marte Komiks (1952)
- Golem, Extra Komiks (1951-1953)
- Fantasyang Pinoy, Pilipino Funny Komiks (1978-1982)
- Lasong Walang Kamandag, Tagalog Klasiks (1954)
- Latigo, Alcala Fight Komix (1963)
- Mga Kuwento ni Ka Edong, Pilipino Funny Komiks (1984)
- Miss Cadillac, Tagalog Klasiks (1956-1957)
- Payaso, Tagalog Klasiks (1953)
- Pitong Krus ng Isang Ina, Continental Komiks (1967)
- Prinsipeng Kuba, Extra Komiks (1951-1952)
- The RP Untouchables, Fiesta Komiks (1964)