RON MENDOZA is a creative and prolific komiks writer. He started writing for comics in the late 1980s when he was still in College. His first works were published in Espesyal Komiks by Atlas Publications.
Ron’s first published story for Graphic Arts Service, Inc. was entitled “Brain Damage”. It came out in Kilabot Qualikomiks and was illustrated by Nestor Tantiado. It is about a drug addict who’s hallucinating that his house has been targeted for invasion by nasty aliens.
Ron wrote a lot of novels. His first novel was “Jack The Gunner”. It came out in Commander Qualikomiks and was illustrated by Mhel Almeda. The main character here had a holster in his arm. “It was a hilarious idea”. Ron said “Pero nagulat na lang ako nang gumawa ng pelikula si Quentin Tarantino at Robert Rodriguez, ‘yong Grindhouse kung saan ang isa sa main character ay babae na sa hita naman isinasaksak ‘yong baril niya. At least, nauna ako ng maraming taon kina Quentin, ha-ha.” Ron added while laughing. His other published novels included Animal Boy, Nokturno, Birador, Atelito Atleta, Jack The Snake, Star Jockey and Jabbarski.
He also created lots of series but among his favorites are: Shattered, Sa Daigdig Ng Sindak at Lagim and Letters From The Dead. His first series was “Winged” for Super Adventure Comix. Its main character was an angel with black wings. It was illustrated by Bert Gabiano and edited by Mike Tan.
He also contributed articles for music magazines and magazines that catered to women like Hot Hits, Pop World, Solid Gold, Chic Magazine, etc. He also used a pen name (Arnold Layne) in some of the stories and articles he wrote.
Ron was nominated twice as a “Writer of the Year” in GASI.
In 1995, Ron had the chance to attend a TV scriptwriting seminar initiated by Viva Television. R.J. Nuevas organized the workshop wherein Ricky Lee was a guest lecturer. He also attended a one-day seminar conducted by KC Cordero and Ofelia Concepcion when ABS-CBN planned to publish their lines of pocketbooks. However, the plan did not push through.
In 2002, Ron co-founded the Backdoor Publishing together with Galo Ador Jr., Lito Tanseco, Ronald Tabuzo, Mars Alvir and Arman Francisco. They created their first comics entitled Dark Pages which was released in 2003. However, after its maiden issue, the publication was discontinued.
Ron never ceased writing. He shifted to writing prose romance novel. The Precious Pages Corporation became his home since then until now.
- Ang Pag-ibig ay Hindi Hawla, Golden Drama Komiks (1999)
- Animal Boy, Pinoy Klasiks
- Atelito Atleta, Silangan Klasiks
- Birador, Aguila Qualikomiks
- Gagawin ang Lahat, Pinoy Klasiks (1999)
- Hindi Nagpapaalam ang Puso, Golden Drama Komiks (1998)
- Jabbarski, Silangan Klasiks
- Jack The Gunner, Commander Qualikomiks
- Jack The Snake, Silangan Klasiks
- Kaharian ng mga Kaluluwa, Super Kilabot Komiks (1999)
- Kunwaring mga Yakap, Pinoy Klasiks (1999)
- Laro sa Dilim, Super Kilabot Komiks (1999)
- Letters from the Dead, Nightmare Komiks
- Lukso ng Dugo Lukso ng Puso, Golden Drama Komiks (1999)
- Mawala Man ang Lahat, Golden Drama Komiks (1999)
- Mga Ulo sa Hukay, Super Kilabot Komiks (1999)
- Nokturno, Pinoy Komiks
- Pintig ng Puso Kalansing ng Salapi, Golden Drama Komiks (1998)
- Ptero, Pinoy Klasiks (1993)
- Sa Daigdig ng Sindak at Lagim, Space Horror Comix
- Sa Isang Sulok ng Puso, Golden Drama Komiks (1998)
- Shattered, Shocker Komiks (1994)
- Star Jockey, Silangan Klasiks
- Tumbasan Mo ng Pagmamahal, Golden Drama Komiks (2002)
- Winged, Super Adventure Comix (1989)